Siscu Perez: Coffee Machines, Freedom Above All and the Playfulness in Dancing
About our guest
Life has a strange way of playing out, and it is very unpredictable. Watching a tango lesson touched Siscu Perez so much that it put him on a career path very different from the one he imagined. From a shy reclusive child who wanted to grow to be a history teacher, he came to be one of the greatest teachers in dancesport and an adjudicator in competitions all over the world.
Topics discussed in this episode
- His first impromptu encounter with dance;
- The freedom dance brings;
- Why did he choose teaching over competing;
- The relationship between the two partners in dance;
- The teachers that influenced him the most.
Dancing has been my passion since I was 13 and since then I've been doing things in that direction. Writing, creating and putting together the biggest community for dancers around the world!