23 Things Not To Say To Your Dance Partner
You and your partner in this activity together, and you should treat them the same way you want to be treated. Respect is essential in a partnership. This means that some things are better left unsaid 🙊.
Disclaimer: This article is made you put a smile of your face. But, leaving all laughs behind, I encourage you to discuss anything that bothers you with your partner, as long as you pay attention to how you say it. Communication is necessary if you want a healthy partnership.
Now, here are a few things that you might want to not say to your partner:
1. My last partner was leading me much more smoothly.
2. You look like my last boyfriend/girlfriend.
3. Sorry I’m late this morning; I had a wild night out.
4. Don’t worry; I don’t think we’re going through the next round.
5. Your fake tan smells kinda funky.
6. Oh, the comp is tomorrow?
7. You remind me of my mom.
8. I am better than you.
9. I am still am dancing with my ex-partner too.
10. I don’t really like dancing; I am here for the boys/girls.
11. Ugh, I hate learning technique!
12. I saw your dress in a video from the 80s.
13. Why is it taking you so long to learn that? It should be so easy!
14. My dad doesn’t like you.
15. Maybe you should quit dancing. It’s not for you.
16. See that couple? Make sure you hit them in Quickstep.
17. I don’t trust your thinking.
18. Ugh, your boyfriend/girlfriend annoys me.
19. I don’t care what we do in the next comp.
20. You studied with that teacher?! He/She is the worst!
21. I can’t stand you today.
22. I’ve worn these pants four days in a row.
23. I really want this step in our routine, but I am sure you can’t do it
Make sure you also visit Dancesportlife Academy to check our library of courses and camp lectures with some of the best teachers in the world!
I've started dancing when I was 9 years old and it has been a part of me ever since. I love to surround myself with everything dancesport related. Now I get to experience the world of dancing through a writer's lens.