Maximiliaan Winkelhuis: From Building Charisma to Dealing With Stress with Performance Coaching
About our guest
In 1998 after giving some lectures convinced by his close friend Ruth Vermeij, Maximilian let go of his commercial years in advertising. Soon from a communication specialist in advertising, he turns into a communication specialist in dance, a performance coach who loves finding the strengths that lie in the couples he works with. Having gathered more experience, he decides to put his knowledge into books to help dancers communicate better and find ways of relieving the stress and coping with it especially during competition times.
You can find more on his workshops by following Team Amsterdam: http://www.dutchdancelab.com/workshops-2018.
Topics discussed in this episode
- The three lectures in Holland
- Dance To Your Maximum & Dance Without Stress
- The safety of the studio and the danger of the competition
- The difference between a teacher and a performance coach
- Working for stamina vs. Working for a performance
- Dealing with stress
- The importance of repetition for the mind & body
- The connection between breathing and musicality
- The personal contribution and the charisma
- The main 3 things Maximilian advises couples to do
Would you love to learn choreographies, technical details and different methods for improving your posture, style, and overall performance from the comfort of your home studio? Our online platform – Dancesportlife Academy – offers you a vast library of courses and high-quality recordings of dance camps from all over the world at highly discounted prices.
Dancing has been my passion since I was 13 and since then I've been doing things in that direction. Writing, creating and putting together the biggest community for dancers around the world!