Dirk Heidemann: A Lifetime of Passion For Dancesport
About our guest
Former professional ballroom dancer, fashion model, now author, dancesport teacher and choreographer – Dirk Heidemann is the personification of Latin dancing: colorful, passionate and raw. After more than 30 years of training and preparing 40 champions of Germany, Europe, World Champions, Blackpool and German Open, he is considered one of the best ballroom dance coaches in the world.
Topics discussed in this episode
- Life story and daily routines as world-famous teacher
- How major differences of cultures can affect ballroom dance
- What are the 5 things he is looking for as a judge in a couple
- Why technique is simply an instrument to help dancers show off what’s really important
- How the physical beauty in dancesport is a top priority
- What makes a great dancer and how much your talent means in ballroom dancing world
Dancing has been my passion since I was 13 and since then I've been doing things in that direction. Writing, creating and putting together the biggest community for dancers around the world!