Colin James: The Complexity of Becoming Great – Practice, Partnership, Motivation and More
About our guest
Colin James is one of the world’s most distinguished coaches holding the prestigious award “Teacher of the year”. His name stands behind many champions and finalists around the globe. You might also know him from his long-lasting collaboration with Dancing with the Stars in Poland.
Colin James is a Blackpool and UK Open Amateur Champion, and a second-time Grand Slam winner. He has been a finalist in every major international Professional Latin competition, including the World Professional Latin and European Professional Latin Championships from 1985 through 1990.
We were honored to have Colin James on our podcast and discuss the hottest topics in dancesport: from having a healthy relationship with your dance partner to the preparation before the competition.
Topics discussed in this episode
- Having a relationship with your dance partner;
- The motivation behind the effort;
- What it takes to be a world champion;
- How much practice is enough practice?;
- Performing great at competitions;
- The routine before the competition;
- The physical, mental and the spiritual side of an extraordinary dancer.
Dancing has been my passion since I was 13 and since then I've been doing things in that direction. Writing, creating and putting together the biggest community for dancers around the world!