Aleksander Makarov: Back To Basics And The Role of The Teacher In Dancers’ Mindset
About our guest
Starting to dance because of some health problems, Aleksander Makarov became an iconic figure in dancesport, teaching champions like Madis Abel and Aleksandra Galkina. His last partner is also his actual wife and he had been dancing with her in the last 4-5 years of his dance career, which were the most successful. They won International Championships U21 and they’re second and third in Blackpool U21. Though he decided to stop dancing at a young age, for him this moment was the strongest push to start teaching because he wanted to prove everyone that he still wanted to achieve great things as a teacher, not only as a dancer.
Topics discussed in this episode
- How important are the basics and the technique in ballroom dancing in order to understand when to move forward with your performance
- The role of a teacher in building a strong mindset
- Going through tough times as a team and how important is to have the teacher’s support
- How important it is to have the dancing stamina and practicing for the competition on a daily basis
- How does he improve to become the best in his field
Dancing has been my passion since I was 13 and since then I've been doing things in that direction. Writing, creating and putting together the biggest community for dancers around the world!