You Probably Didn’t Know This About Oxana Lebedew & Pavel Zvychaynyy
Pavel & Oxana are currently finalists in the WDC World Professional Latin and the WDC European Professional Latin Championships. They are the epitome of femininity and masculinity.
In one of our discussions, Oxana & Pasha shared some secrets with us.
1. Oxana’s zodiac sign is Aries and Pasha is a Scorpio, both really strong-minded and very determined.
2. Oxana has a ballet background.
3. Pasha had a friend who went to the same school as Oxana.
4. He knew from the first touch Oxana is the perfect partner for him.
5. Their main goal is to show real authentic Latin-American dancing.
6. Oxana went from Youth directly to Professional with her previous partner, Franco Formica.
7. Espen Salberg told Pasha that Oxana is free for a new partnership.
8. For Pasha, it is crucial to have authenticity & good connection and to understand the dance.
9. Oxana thinks that a great dancer to have an excellent technical base, learn how to work with their body weight with the partner, and create unique moments.
10. Their first competition together was in Japan.
11. Oxana is afraid of heights.
12. Oxana’s mother is a choreographer & her father is a gymnast, her grandfather is a clarinet player, and her sister is also an artist.
13. There were moments when Oxana didn’t want to dance anymore.
14. Oxana’s parents were very supportive; her father still has the VCRs from when Oxana was a little dancer.
15. Pasha left his family to live in Germany when he was 13 years old.
16. For Pasha, the most important is your development, not the competitions results. Always look for improvement!
17. Pasha fell in love with Karina & Slavik’s style of dancing. That is why he now has the same teacher as they had: Espen Salberg.
18. Pasha approached Espen to be his teacher at the World Championship in Innsbruck.
19. Oxana considers that Pasha is the most hard-working person.
Find out more about them and what they love the most about each other in our interview with them at Dance Amore Roma 2019.
I've started dancing when I was 9 years old and it has been a part of me ever since. I love to surround myself with everything dancesport related. Now I get to experience the world of dancing through a writer's lens.