20 Things You Didn’t Know About Andrea Silvestri & Martina Varadi
Andrea Silvestri & Martina Varadi are one of the top WDSF Amateur Latin couples. They are finalists in all the major events such as Grand Slams and World Championships.
They are a very passionate couple and in our podcast interview with them, they tell us all you need to know about what inspires them.
Here are 20 things you probably did not know about Andrea Silvestri & Martina Varadi:
1. Martina started dancing when she was 8 years old.
2. Andrea started dancing because his aunt & uncle brought him to the dancefloor at an event.
3. Martina’s mother was also a dancer.
4. Andrea’s dad was in a music band.
5. Andrea is passionate about cars and motorcycles and Martina about Yoga.
6. Martina fell in love with dancing because of the music and because it’s a way through she can express what’s in her sould and mind.
7. For Martina, dancing is about art and soul, not as much about sport.
8. Andrea loves the livestyle of a dancer and that he can move people, be different and have freedom.
9. When they travel, they stay at a hotel that has a gym, so they can respect their program.
10. They never teach before a GrandSlam.
11. They practice in the afternoons and teach in the evenings.
12. Martina feels that she needs to plan everything when she’s on the dance floor.
13. In real life, she is more relaxed. She makes fun and always jokes.
14. One of Andrea’s challenges on the dancefloor is that he wants to bring more freedom on the dancefloor. He wants his dancing to be more free, without making it look casual.
15. If Andrea has a new idea for their routine, he always likes to look at videos from nearly almost 20 years ago.
16. They love to always go back to the roots and the basics. Only by going to the roots you can get ideas and you can develop the dancing!
17. They adore Cuba and would want to live there when they retire.
18. Andrea’s dream would be to drive a Cabrio or any of the old 60s American cars.
19. They would love to have two children: a boy and a girl.
20. They are thinking of retiring from competitive dancing in maybe 5 years.
Andrea & Martina just launched their online course – “Fundamental Of Movements In Latin”. Their course will give you a good understanding of the movement principles such as bodyweight, and then a choreography component, in which they will show you practical choreographies you can do to apply the principles. You can find the course here.
I've started dancing when I was 9 years old and it has been a part of me ever since. I love to surround myself with everything dancesport related. Now I get to experience the world of dancing through a writer's lens.